Giving Good - OMNI Eye Specialists' Approach to Community Outreach
Giving back to people in need is an integral part of OMNI’s mission and vision. Since the practice opened its doors, Dr. Ivan Garcia, OMNI’s Medical Director, has committed a great deal of time and skills to delivering low or no-cost specialized medical eye care to people in need throughout our region.
As part of our commitment to our community, the doctors at OMNI Eye Specialists are dedicated to giving back in service throughout the year.
Dr. Garcia and the OMNI staff participate with the Esperanza Center (formerly the Hispanic Apostolate) to provide access to healthcare for immigrants in the Baltimore area. Dr. Garcia has performed more than 200 no-cost surgeries to patients unable to afford proper medical treatment.
Our Doctors Often Participate in Community Outreach Such as:
- Lectures on Vision Care at Senior Centers & Other organizations
- Free Glaucoma Screenings at churches & community centers
- Lectures on Vision Care to schools in the Baltimore area
- Participation at Baltimore County Department of Aging Senior Expo
- Participation at other Community Events around the Baltimore area